One step forward, two steps back.

From the outside looking in, it would appear not much got done today.  On the contrary, we really accomplished quite a bit; just not mechanically.

We determined the optimum roller spacing for our lift assembly, and loc-tited the rollers in place.  We cut the lexan electrical mounting plates.  We designed and did the CAD for the deployment.  We prepared the base for the mounting of the lift.  We put the wheels & chains on the practice bot.  We did a lot of between-the-ears work that means when we install parts onto the robot, it will be correct and for the last time.

Here’s a beautiful drawing of our deployment mechanism:

MiniBotDeploy

Not only that, but we left early because of the snowfall (snow is a welcome change from the ice).

We heard from our fabricator, we ought to be getting some custom parts in Monday, which will be great.

Advertisements

About FRC1529

FIRST Robotics Team based out of Southport High School in Indianapolis, IN
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s