We got some more parts in today; unfortunately they’re in the middle of the lift-lifting system and we can’t really do much with them until we get the bracketry and guts of it in place.
It works beautifully via hand-drive. Tomorrow we ought to get some more parts in so we can build the lift-lifting mechanism. Hopefully our shipment of belts and pulleys will come in from Gates tomorrow as well, and we can finish it off.
We got our second plate of lexan placed, as well as the battery. Two pieces of lexan are two more than we’ve ever had, and it’s truly a joy to work with. I don’t think we’re going to turn into FRC1714 anytime soon, but it is pretty cool stuff. Engineer Alex tried to do some destructive testing with a piece of 1/8″ – he failed. It did not destroy. Very cool, though.
We’re confident enough in the final setup that we’re placing the electronics. Everything is secured via velcro; we used that system last year and were very happy with the results.
A HUGE thing that was worked on today was overall shop cleanup and organization. That will be a tremendous help come the final week. We’ve got a long way to go, but I think we can get there. If we get the right parts in tomorrow, we may be playing with friends on Saturday afternoon.